CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 27, 2010

Bow and Toes!

This past weekend I went over to my cousin's house and she showed me these really cool bows that she and her aunt make! They are totally awesome! If my camera had batteries I would take a picture and post them! But I asked her if she would teach me and she said yes! And since she is on fall break this week, I asked her if she wanted to make bows and watch Letters to Juliet and The Last Song. She said that sounded fun, so that was the plan! Well, while at work on Saturday me and one of my co-workers were talking about Letters to Juliet and The Last Song and various other chick flicks and he (yes, I said he and it wasn't a typo and he isn't gay : D ) said he wanted to see both of the movies we were planning on watching tonight! So I invited him to come watch them with us, but I totally thought he wouldn't! And last night my cousin was over at my house and I told her that if she wanted, while we were being crafty I could teach her how to make a tie blanket. Ya know, the ones made out of fleece!? Super easy to make! She said it sounded fun, so the plan was this morning to get up and head into town and cash a check for one of our sister missionaries, get the stuff for bows and blankets and then show my cousin the driving test route and then come home! Well, my manager's little girl is in the town's pageant today and I had a hair thing that I was going to bring to her and as soon as I woke up I ran it over to her and I didn't think it would take too long but needless to say I was late for my scheduled time for meeting the sisters!

So while we were in walmart looking for ribbon and stuff I was joking about us opening our own shoppe where we sell bows and then I thought "We could make those cute little flip flops with the stuff on them and then we could call our shoppe 'Bows and Toes'!" We found some awesome ribbon! I have tie dye, zebra, cheetah, camo,and pink. Tomorrow I'm going to get more when I get needles and thread! And our blankets are black on one side and on the other its looks kinda like a red bandanna collage type thing! We both loved it so we both got it!! And she has this ribbon that looks like a bandanna and she is going to put some blue jean material with it and make me a bow like that too!! It is going to be SOOOOOO cute! And making the ribbons is SUPER easy! I never would have dreamed it would be so cute! I might do a post and explain how to do it! And they look so cute! I really want to wear one to work tomorrow!

So tonight when we were working on bows, I get a call and it's my co-worker and he's like "I'm heading to your house. I might need directions!" And I was like okay! So I give them directions and they make it that far and then they (he brought another one of the guys we work with because he didn't want to be the only guy!) ask how to get the rest of the way! I tell them and they are tell me they can make it, so I believe them and go back to making my bow! My cousin told me "We're going to get another phone call, and they are going to be lost!" Sure enough, they called laughing their heads off and told me they ended up in a different county! Me and my cousin found them and lead them to my house! We had fun and watched Letters to Juliet and then they left and my cousin and I watch The Last Song!

Accomplishments of the day: Cleaned my room, made 3 super cute bows and I'm almost done with 3 more, and had a lot of fun all day long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment